By Carl Keith Greene / Staff Writer
The Laurel County grand jury returned Friday indictments including robbery, criminal abuse, burglary, driving under the influence of alcohol and drug trafficking.
On or about April 28, Jedidiah J. Hoskins, 33, and Jaclyn S. Parks (aka Shaw), 26, both of London, were charged with first-degree robbery. The first count of the indictment says they threatened to use physical force while armed with a gun in the course of stealing.
The second degree charges them with theft by unlawful taking property valued at less than $500 and Parks was charged with third-degree terroristic threatening.
James Bunch, 34, of London, was charged with theft of firearm, by unlawfully taking on April 26, a firearm owned by Chris Bunch.
James Bunch was also charged with possessing a firearm by a convicted felon and being a second-degree persistent felony offender (PFO).
Feb. 15, 2010, Michael Holt, 24, of London, was charged with receiving a stolen firearm and a second count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Robert Wayne Smallwood, 19, and Rachel Ann Smallwood, 19, both of London, were charged with first-degree criminal abuse and first-degree wanton endangerment.
• Barbara Alice Sands, 43, and Melinda G. Partain, 21, both of London, third-degree burglary, and two counts of theft by unlawful taking of less than $500.
• Cara Huelskamp, 19, of O’Fallon, Mo., theft by deception of $500 to $10,000.
• Chase A. Prilaman, 24, Davis A. Taylor, 40, and Betty J. Tipton (aka Fultz), 35, all of Manchester. Prilaman, 12 counts second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, and nine counts theft by deception less than $500 and first-degree PFO. Taylor and Tipton were charged with five counts of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument. Tipton was charged with second-degree PFO.
• Brian S. Phillips, 34, of Corbin, second-degree forgery, theft of identity of another without consent, second degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, theft by deception less than $500 and second-degree PFO.
• Foston Curtis (aka Stan), 38, and Chee-Ho Thi, (aka Kevin), 36, both of Raleigh, N.C., theft by deception between $500 and $10,000.
• Steven Williams, 33, of London, theft by unlawful taking of $500 to $10,000 and second-degree PFO.
• Brittany Smith, 29, and Jonathon Freeman, 32, both of Manchester, receiving stolen property, $10,000 or more, Freeman third-degree burglary and second-degree PFO.
• Danny R. Sizemore, 55, of London, first-degree and second-degee rape, first-degree sexual abuse and second-degree sodomy.
• Randall Matthew Hess, 28, of London, first-degree sodomy.
• Dean Eugene Hart, 41, of London, failure to comply with sex offender registration.
• Larry C. Montgomery, 36, of London, failure to comply with sex offender registration.
• William S. McFadden Jr., 42, of London, driving a motor vehicle under the influence of intoxicants, fourth or subsequent offense, possessing an open alcoholic beverage container in a motor vehicle, driving on a revoked or suspended license and disregarding a stop sign.
• Donald Schmidt, 52, of East Bernstadt, two counts of program assistance fraud.
• Kimberly Hurley, 25, of London, four counts of program assistance fraud.
• Mark Adams, 39, of London, flagrant non support and first-degree PFO.
• Lisa R. Downs, 48, of East Bernstadt, first-degree possession of a controlled substance and first-degree PFO.
• Tammy Creech (aka Smallwood, Purdy), 50, of London, second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
• James Schueler, 25, and Cora Collinsworth, 20, of London, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance, trafficking in marijuana in less than eight ounces. Collinsworth second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
• Ronnie Ratliff, 39, of London, three counts first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
• Casey Brock, 28, and Elizabeth Lowe, 29, both of London, two counts first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance and Brock second-degree PFO.
• Timothy Fields, 50, of London, second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance and first-degree PFO.
• David Kyle Robinson, 27, of London, two counts first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
• James B. Belcher, 28, and Samantha C. Brock, 25, of London, making methamphetamine and possession of a controlled substance. Belcher carrying a concealed deadly weapon.
An indictment is a formal charge by a grand jury and is not a conviction or an admission of guilt.
By Carl Keith Greene / Staff Writer
Man indicted for sexual abuse
A London man has been indicted for an alleged eight years of sexual abuse of a child under 12 years old.
Police Roundup - Jan. 29, 2013
According to Laurel County Sheriff John Root, the department has stepped up its enforcement along U.S. 25 between Corbin and London.
Police Roundup - Jan. 7, 2013
A London man was arrested Saturday after deputies found him in a hotel room with a juvenile, drug paraphernalia and painkillers, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Police Roundup - December 7, 2012
A London man was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence after he pulled his truck into a private drive and passed out with the engine running, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Woman pleads guilty in baby trade
A woman charged with trading her newborn baby for a used pickup truck pleaded guilty in Laurel County Circuit Court Tuesday, according to a court official.
Police Roundup - December 5, 2012
Two London women were arrested Tuesday after it was learned they used their positions at a local dentist’s office to obtain prescriptions illegally, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Corbin man jailed for robbery
An early morning robbery landed a Corbin man in jail on multiple charges Saturday.
Five face federal drug charges
Five people face federal charges after an ongoing federal investigation into oxycodone distribution in this area.
Man indicted for murder of girlfriend
A man charged in the murder of his 25-year-old girlfriend has been indicted by a Laurel County Circuit Court Grand Jury, court documents indicate.
Police Roundup - Nov. 20, 2012
Johnny D. Brown, 39, of Laurel County faces charges of burglary, fleeing and evading, theft of a firearm, theft under $500 and criminal mischief.
- More Arrests/Indictments Headlines
- Man indicted for sexual abuse